X-ray Apparatus Mo, Complete Fully-featured, microprocessor-controlled device with x-ray tube Mo and goniometer designed for conducting a wide variety of experiments in x-ray physics.
The high-voltage system, x-ray tube and experiment chamber are all within a radiation-proof housing. German type approval as school x-ray apparatus and full-protection device. The type approval is also valid for further x-ray tubes (Fe, Cu, Ag, W, Au). The x-ray tubes are delivered completely adjusted and allow thus an easy and user-friendly exchange. Highest safety and operation comfort by an automatic door locking, which unlock the doors automatically, when no x-ray radiation is generated.
Two large displays show all relevant information on the current experiment. The tube voltage and tube current can be set in the ranges 0 to 35 kV and 0 to 1 mA respectively. The built-in rate meter including counter-tube voltage supply enables direct measuring in conjunction with a Geiger-Muller counter tube. The x-ray apparatus can also be connected to a PC via the USB-port (software included) for recording Bragg spectra. Alternative the two analogue outputs (counting rate and angular position) permit data acquisition using a chart recorder.The goniometer (554 831) enables precise setting of any angular position of the sensor and the target as well as coupled 2:1 sensor and target motion, both manual and automatic angular scans are possible.Two screened coaxial lead-ins and one free access duct provide access to set-ups in the experiment chamber, e.g. for connecting an x-ray energy detector.Device fully assembled and adjusted, ready for operation.
• School X-ray apparatus and fully protected equipment with German type approval for school use
(approval no. BFS 05/07 V/SchRöV) (suitable for the operation with the interchangeable tubes:
Fe, Cu, Mo, Ag, W)
• Dose rate at a distance of 10 cm: <1 µS/h
• Two independent safety circuits for doors, high voltage and emission current
(safety approval by TÜV Rheinland and according to requirement regulations for PTB 2005 type approval
• Automatic door locking: doors can be opened only, when no high voltage is present i.e. no X-ray radiation
can be generated (safety approval by TÜV Rheinland and according to requirement regulations for
PTB 2005 type approval)
• High voltage: 0 ... 35.0 kV (regulated DC voltage)
• Tube current: 0 ... 1.00 mA (independent regulated DC)
• Visible X-ray tube with molybdenum anode for characteristic short-wave radiation:
Kα = 17.4 keV (71.0 pm), Kβ = 19.6 keV (63.1 pm)
• Fluorescent screen for transillumination experiments: d = 15 cm
• Built-in rate meter including voltage supply for GM counter tube
• Loudspeaker: for audible ratemeter
• Two 4-digit displays (25 mm high) for displaying the following as desired:
high voltage, anode current, counting rate, target/sensor angle, scanning range, step width, gate time