Eisco Garage Physics Torque Demonstration
- With this kit the user can experience significantly increasing torque by moving a mass set down a rod while trying to balance the main rod
- Kit contains: Storage Box in image, 1000g mass set, custom washer, 2 dowels, 2 bolts, 2 nuts, steel ball and instructions
- DIY assembly and activity
- Learn all about mechanical advantage and torque in the garage
- Activity takes the user from gaining a conceptual understanding of Torque to real world applications
Torque is a measurement quantity that helps explain how well a force can cause a rotation. With this kit the user can experience significantly increasing torque by moving a mass set down a rod while trying to balance the main rod. It is a tricky and fun demonstration that will leave a lasting conceptual understanding with students of any age. The activity correlates well with the Next Generation Science Standards PS2, Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions.