Eisco Garage Physics Projectile Motion Slingshot Kit
- Explore projectile motion writ-large with a rubber-band slingshot
- Manufactured with high quality, precision-cut Birch veneer pure bond plywood
- Includes a slingshot, ping pong ball, and angled supports
- Tool free assembly required
- Kit comes with a step-by-step educational guide
Projectile motion is one of the most important topics in Newtonian mechanics. Possibly the next most important concept is Hooke’s Law for springs.
This kit explores both in a very simple and robust setup. By recording the time-of-flight of the ping pong ball, students can deduce the initial velocity for various rubber band settings.
This can be used to experimentally determine the spring constant of the common rubber band in a dynamic setting. By tipping the slingshot and breaking the initial velocity into its horizontal and vertical components, range can be predicted and measured.
Range with 2 rubber bands is more than 30 ft. Additional rubber bands can launch the ping pong ball (or other projectiles) much farther.
This kit is sourced and assembled entirely in the United States. Kit contains small parts that may be a choking hazard.